Movie Review: It: Chapter Two

It: Chapter Two...short movie reviews for people with short attention spans!
Possible spoilers!!!
Director
Andy Muschietti is also known for Directing It and Mama.

Starring

Jessica Chastain (Interstellar), James McAvoy (Glass), Bill Hader (Trainwreck), Isaiah Mustafa (Shadow Hunters), Jay Ryan (Beauty and the Beast: The Series), James Ransone (Sinister/Sinister 2), Andy Bean (Transformers: The Last Knight), and Bill Skarsgård (It)

What I Think

The movie starts with a story right out of the book which involves a gay couple at a carnival in Derry. They get into an altercation with a few of the hick locals and one of those guys beats one of the gay guys to within an inch of his life. After the beating, one of the other rednecks helps the bully to throw the beaten man over a bridge into a river below. The hicks depart and his partner goes below to locate his lover. Unfortunately he was too late in getting to him before Pennywise could scoop him up for a meal.
 
This incident sets in motion the 27 year reunion of the Losers Club. As we move through the story there is a sense that our main characters have completely forgotten the events that took place in Derry all those years ago. As they start arriving from all over the country their memories also start to come back. Now is the time to end the reign of Pennywise the Clown.

With all of the flashbacks that fill in the little details and the new information about the characters after the 27 year hiatus there is a whole lot to process. What I can say about this movie is that they took the time to fill in some blanks but in some cases there were blanks that could have just stayed unfilled. This added too much time to the movie. Although I do like that there were some doors that were closed. 
My main gripe is mostly about how they defeated Pennywise. Of all the things that they could have used to kill this alien being, harsh language was the kryptonite. If this is ruining the movie for some of you then just know that I did state that spoilers were possible at the top of the page. The other thing is that I felt that the ending could have wrapped up 5 minutes after the fight with Pennywise. 

I love Bill Hader and I know that he is a comedian in the movie but there was too much levity in this horror movie. I know, I know, there is nothing wrong with a laugh or two but I feel that his character was getting too many laughs for a scary movie. It was like watching a romantic/horror/comedy. Otherwise it was a good flick.

If you liked the original IT miniseries, the IT movie previous to this one, and have a ungodly fear of clowns then check this out.  

In honor of October and Halloween, I give this movie 💀💀💀½ of 5 skulls.
Poster, Plot, and Pictures courtesy of IMDB


Watch your favorite shows anytime with the ROKU Ultra Box w/JBL Headphones!
I use this myself and enjoy the programs that are available to me. Cut the cord with the cable company!
Follow me on Facebook @DeeJaysMovies and Twitter @DeeJaysMovies










Comments